INEOS rapeseed oil is made from non-GM rapeseed from the surrounding regions (Grand Est Region, Bourgogne Franche-Comté Region), which guarantees French origin.
Refined rapeseed vegetable oil is used in the food industry for cooking and manufacturing food products such as cookies, brioche, pie doughs. It is also used in salad dressings, margarines, sauces and other condiments as well as prepared meals and canned goods. Rapeseed oil is also marketed for edible oil packers/bottlers.
Rapeseed oil is widely used because of its high content of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids that the human body cannot synthesize, but also because of its high content of unsaturated fatty acids and its low levels of saturated fats. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats in a diet can reduce cholesterol levels.
Today, concerning the French general population, one of the nine priority objectives of the National Health and Nutrition Programme 3 is the "overall reduction of 5% of cholesterolemia in France and more particularly of LDLcholesterol". This programme also recommends several principles to better balance its diet among which "the consumption of at least 5 fruits and vegetables per day and the special nutritional interest of vegetable fats such as olive oil or rapeseed oil ".
INEOS Champlor, key points:
• Quality: INEOS Champlor ensures a constant quality of its products. Always attentive to developments and trends, INEOS Champlor tries to provide the appropriate response to the different demands of its customers.
• Origin: Traceability is an important point for both customers and INEOS Champlor.
• Listening to customers: The INEOS Champlor team is at the disposal of all customers, striving each day to provide flexibility and constant service to all its customers.
• Transparency: The INEOS Champlor plant is open to any customer wishing to organize a simple visit to understand our production system. Numerous customer audits also allow different departments (Quality, Production, Supply Chain, Sales) to exchange with our customer counterparts.
• Reactivity: The relatively small size of the activity and the fact that all stakeholders are based on the production site allow optimal responsiveness.
Certifications: Kosher, ISO22000
GMO status: The oil is derived from conventional raw materials and is not subject to labeling, in accordance with Regulations EC 1829/2003 and EC 1830/2003